Throwing together a stir-fry provides one of the quickest ways to make a delicious meal that will help you build muscle faster.
To make a delicious stir fry all you need to do is choose your protein and toss together with fresh ingredients in a hot pan until they are cooked through. It’s that easy! Start by choosing the right ingredients including lean meats, fresh vegetables, and rice or noodles and you can easily whip up a week’s worth of meals that build muscle. If you’ve got leftovers have them for lunch the next day!
Here are 3 stir fry recipes to build muscle using beef, chicken and pork.
Stir Fry Recipe #1 – Stir Fried Garlic Beef and Vegetables
Beef Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 500g lean beef cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, chopped
- 1 small red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 250g button mushrooms, halved
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp peeled and chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp sodium-reduced soy sauce
- Steamed brown rice, to serve
Beef Stir Fry Method:
- Heat wok over high heat. Once the wok is hot, add 1/2 Tbsp peanut oil.
- Add one-third of the beef strips and stir-fry for 1-2 mins or until the beef is browned and just cooked. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the beef in two more batches, reheating the wok between each batch. Remove all beef from the wok.
- Add garlic and ginger to wok and cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining oil in the wok over medium-high heat. Add the onion, capsicum, broccolli and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the water and cover and cook for 30-60 seconds or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add the oyster sauce and soy sauce to the wok. Toss well to combine. Add the beef and toss until heated through. Serve immediately with rice.
Stir Fry Recipe #2 – Orange Sesame Chicken Stir Fry with Rice Noodles
Orange Chicken Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 500g Chicken Breast, cut into strips
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 small red and yellow pepper , cut into pieces
- 3 chillies, broken into pieces
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp grated orange zest (zest from 1/2 orange)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from the same orange)
- 3 Tbsp salt reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
- Vermicelli Rice Noodles, to serve
Orange Chicken Stir Fry Method:
- Prepare noodles according to directions on pack.
- In a bowl mix together soy sauce, orange juice and zest, ginger, garlic, corn starch and honey. Set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat. Add half the oil and coat wok. Add sesame seeds and toast for around 1min until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to wok and heat. Add capsicum and chillies, and stir fry for 30secs. Add chicken and cook for around 4-5 mins. Add liquid mixture and cook until sauce comes to the boil and thickens for around 1 min.
- Drain noodles and serve topped with chicken mixture and sesame seeds.
Stir Fry Recipe #3 – Ginger Lime Pork Stir Fry
Ginger Lime Pork Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 500g lean pork strips
- 100g chopped bok choy
- 3 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 spring onions sliced
- 1 tbsp salt reduced soy sauce
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 100g snow peas
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
Ginger Lime Pork Stir Fry Method:
- Combine pork with ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce and vinegar in bowl cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large wok over high heat. Once the wok is hot, add 1/2 peanut oil. Add half the pork. Stir-fry for 2 – 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with oil and remaining pork. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to wok. Add spring onion and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add snow peas and bok choy stems. Stir fry for 2 – 3 mins. Add pork, lime juice, noodles, sauce mixture and bok choy leaves. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from heat and toss through coriander. Serve.